Are you looking for Homeowners insurance Texas?
Nicholson Insurance Group is your premier independent insurance broker located in Tyler, Texas. We can shop multiple carriers to find the best coverage for your dollar! Let us do the shopping for you!
What is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance covers losses to your home and any possessions inside it. Purchasing home insurance gives you the state of mind that losses caused by storms, fire, theft and other events will be covered. It will also cover any law suits from injuries that might have occurred on your property.
There are a number of different Homeowners contracts in Texas including ISO (Insurance Services Organization), Texas Contracts, and Carrier Specific Contracts. For Example:
- All of the above forms that are modified. The plan you have determines your coverage. Call the experts at Nicholson Insurance Group to help you sort through the maze of Homeowners Insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions about Homeowners Insurance
- Is my roof covered under my policy?
- A major concern today when purchasing Homeowners Insurance is your roof. Most of the new policies being written have scheduled roof coverage after the roof is 15 years of age. This type of policy may save you some money but it may not be the best decision for your situation.
- Does my Homeowners Insurance cover flood damage?
- NO! Flood Insurance is a separate insurance policy. If you are in need of flood coverage you need to have a discussion with an agent.
- What type of Perils are covered with my policy?
- Open Perils is a much broader coverage than Named Perils.
- Depending on your contract, you may have basic, broad, or special perils. Do you know which perils you have? Our experts can help you understand the scope of your coverage.
- Do I need Full Replacement cost on my home or Actual Cash value?
- Most people will want full replacement costs on their home. Which means their home would be rebuilt the same as it is today after a catastrophic event.
- Actual Cash Value settlement means you would get the depreciated value of the home after a catastrophic event.
- Market Value is a different number than replacement or actual cash value.
Talk to one of our experts to tailor you a custom homeowner insurance plan. Click here for a free homeowner insurance quote